Missing the Last Ten School Days for 2022-23 and Independent Study Contracts at the End of the School Year
Students should be in attendance through the last day of school, June 1, 2023, to maintain their enrollment status at their current school. Independent study contracts will not be issued the last 10 days of school. All independent study contract work must be finished and submitted by May 17, 2023 in order for work to be graded and attendance to be recorded.
If your child must leave school earlier than 10 school days (May 17 or earlier) before the last day of school and does not return before the end of the school year, your child may be subject to the following consequences:
- Incomplete or lowered final grades
- Review by school/district attendance review board
- Unenrolled and placed on the waitlist upon re-enrollment, if space is not
If your student is unenrolled, there may not be a space at the current school for your student to return in the fall. In this case your student may have to be diverted to another elementary school in the district. Middle and High school students may not be able to access their elective choices if they reenroll upon their return.
In accordance with California Education Codes 48205 and 48260, and District Board Policy and Administrative Regulation 5113, any student who misses 3 or more school days without a valid excuse, as defined by AR 5113, shall be reported as truant to the District attendance supervisor.
Missing the First Three Days of School 2023-24
As you plan your summer vacation, be aware that school begins on Thursday, August 10, 2023.
Some of our schools are very full and may have wait lists.
- If your child does not attend the first three days of school, your student may lose their space at your resident school site and be diverted to another If there is not space at your resident school when you return, your child will be placed at the closest school based on space availability.
- If you know your student will be missing the first three days, or more, of school please send an email to the principal and office manager/attendance staff at your student’s school site.